Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our little slice of life...

Having said to myself "Self, you need to get off your behind and do something about your blog!!!" Luckily Self was listening at the time and took notice of what was being said - otherwise, you woukld not  be here and certainly could not be reading this post!!!

Now, with all of that out of the way, there are a couple of things about me that I might let you know.

I am married (coming up for five years this year but second time around for both of us), and my three kids live with us. So hubby will commonly be referred to in my posts as DH (this can either stand for darling hubby or not...), then there is DD19 - (darling daughter 19), DS16 - (darling son 16), and DS13 - (darling son 13).

OK, so D19 goes to TAFE where she is studying all things  fashionable. She's loving it, and I'm particularly proud of the way that she has applied herself to the course, and for the tenacity with which she has attacked her studies.

hen there are my two sons, DS13 & DS16, both of whom are home schooled. We are not part of any freaky religious cult, but I choose to educate them at home because I can and also becuase I have found the quality of education in this way more suitable to their needs and so we pursue this line of educating.

For the most paert, it is problem free but if they start getting a bit upptiy, we just pack everything away and go out and have a coffee (well, I have coffee...it fixes anything!!!) They get a change of scenery and we all get peace.

A little bit about hubby. Hubby has a brain injury which sees him having little to no functionality from the right side of his brain. Right sided injury = left sided deficit. So for all intents and purposes, when you speak to him, you would think that he was similar to someone who has had a stroke.  He walks with a walking cane and has a fair sort of a limp when he walks. Given that the doctors didn't expect him to live past the 48 hour mark with the severity iof his injuries, the level of functionality is not too bad. He has worked hard in the fuive years post injury to come to where he is and to be sure, I don't know if I could have continued with all of the therapies and poking and prodding that he has and still does endure. BUT, he conmtinues to get up every day and go about his business and for that I cannot fault him. We have our issues but all in all, we get along well enough and have an at times love/hate relationship - but who doesn't right? That is our background.

No comments: